Wednesday 3 October 2012


‘I haven’t always been a woman, I lived as a man for the first 50 years of my life’
PAM 



I haven’t always been a woman, I lived as a man for the first 50 years of my life and on weekends I would ‘dress up’ and go out on the town. I didn’t always ‘dress up’ to go out and the term ‘dress up’ isn’t quite right.  It is more like becoming the real me. I would leave behind the male me and become who I should have been born, PAM.
When I was younger it was not as easy to change sex without going overseas, but then I don’t think it is ever easy. On a personal level you just have to be ready and don’t let anyone stand in your way. It took until I turned fifty to be ready and now I am alive. 
I wasn’t living a lie as a man, I just wasn’t really alive, I would come to life on some weekends after putting on my lipstick. Now I am alive every day (with and without lipstick). I am proud of myself for discovering the beauty of living a truthful life and not being afraid to shine. 
Life is to short to live it for others or try to blend into society. Be yourself and you will find a place in society/community, or make one. Each day is a blessing no matter which sex you decide to be.







No comments:

Post a Comment